Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allright, fellow roverers, here's tha deal. Real quick like.
1) ABS pump died, had to stand on brake pedal to stop my ol' Redgar.
2) I ordered a remanufactured pump from DynaTech in Calif. fro $640.00
3) It was put on and the system had pressure for about 10 brake applications. (labor at this point was $90.00)
4) The mechanics said my accumulator was bad.......I ordered an accumulator from RoversNorth for $209.00
5) So now they have been trying to bleed the system but they have to quit because the fluid is "boiling." What's that mean? Is there something to stop this? We have been having heat indexes of 105 degrees lately. Do I need to take it somewhere else? ANY AND ALL HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED AS !!!
THANKS GUYS!

Garrett

· Registered
388 Posts
That boiling is a build up of pressure. You're supposed to relieve that pressure by pumping the pedal about 40 times before you start bleeding (key off). There is a whole complicated process of bleeding the system. The first time I did it, it took me 2 hours :confused
There used to be a good writeup on the internet (spanishtrailrovers.com) but that link is dead. Best place for the instructions are the RAVE cd or rover manual.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.