Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well today i started up the car and the ac blower didn't cut on with the ac. I did some trouble shooting and i seems that the blowers good ( i hooked it up to a car jumper and it worked),i think narrowed it down to a brown wire with red stripe not supplying enuff juice. Anyone know where it leads??

·
Administrator
16,594 Posts
The problem is coming from the control unit not sending a signal which may require replacing it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The problem is coming from the control unit not sending a signal which may require replacing it.
Ok Wheres that located? Oh btw when i hooked the positive wire directly from the battery the the brown with red strip wire the whole system works as it should with change in fan speed, temp, etc

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i chased the wire all the way to the fuse box in the engine compartment and the wire was loose for some reason. Anyway i fixed it, and its working again.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm having the same intermittent probem. I'll have to check my fuse box as well. I have an email wtih pics/instructions on how to bypass the fuse panel with an inline fuse. I just haven't had time to try it out myself but its seemed to fix the problem on quite a few vehicles.

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
Mike, Mike, Mike, how can you say that with no other info that what was given by the OP?

C'mawn, we gotta look closer than that.

I don't have the interest in finding the picture right now, but somewhere, there's a picture I took that showed exactly what the problem often is. The black and brown wires that go into the "natural" color connector pretty much in the center of the above pics.

·
Registered
4 Posts
okay very new member but going through this pain as well. I am currently using a hot wire from the fuse box to run the front A/C blower but I have no control at 12V... on is on. The wire that supplies the fan is dead. Am I looking at a new control box for the climate control or should I look somewhere else first? Also rear A/C has same issue, no blowing of air, is it connected to the front unit controls?

·
Registered
21 Posts
okay very new member but going through this pain as well. I am currently using a hot wire from the fuse box to run the front A/C blower but I have no control at 12V... on is on. The wire that supplies the fan is dead. Am I looking at a new control box for the climate control or should I look somewhere else first? Also rear A/C has same issue, no blowing of air, is it connected to the front unit controls?
There is a relay for the AC Blower is usually located the behind the blower is covered by a black insulation, this could be the problem, try to test this relay, then the plastic conectors they tend to fail a lot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts