Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched around a bit but I wanted to get some advice here. Never thought to check the passenger side on the disco but sure enough there's an issue....we always take my girlfriend's car for long trips haha!

AC recharged
AC Ice cold on drivers side
AC cool at best on passenger side.
AC warm on rear console feet area on passenger side
AC Ice cold on drivers side rear console area

Did the diagnostic and no faults codes were tripped so it's not the daylight sensor.

Blender motor/door? What is the process to get to the blender motor?

It's 97' here in the N. VA/DC area so I def need to get on this, thanks!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
What diagnostic did you do? Do you have the climate control or manual controls?

I am of the understanding that the system does it's own fault testing. I don't know if this is integral to the climate control or resident in another processor.

My son's has a similar problem, although it's everywhere. It gets marginally cool and the fan output isn't great. Everything but the condenser and the hard lines are new. I'm not looking forward to removing the entire dash. Again.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the dual climate control and I did the AUTO and Fan (I think haha, it worked either way) button diagnostic. Flashed/blinked 3 times and had "00" on the right side of the display indicating no faults

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
In my reading of the appropriate section in RAVE, a stuck air door would set a code. I suppose it is purely reading feedback from the motor to determine position, so if whatever the motor was connected to is dislodged or disconnected, I'm figuring the self-test would still show OK. It wouldn't surprise me if you found a nest of mice on one side.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm, that would be some excitement for sure.

So remove glovebox and start digging? I've seen pics of the motor on eBay so do I have to razor blade put some ducting and retape up when I'm done?

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I would spend some time looking at RAVE. It shows where the doors are located. If you pull the covers left and right below the dash and drop the glovebox you can (sort of) see the actuators.

I have a whole airbox unit I pulled from another truck that I'm taking with me in a couple weeks to experiment with.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pulled the glove box and the servo/actuator is easily spotted.

Everything was working as in when I went to HI and just below HI there were two different positions.

Then I went to LO and messed around with hyperextending the arms....still didn't change the temperature to match the drivers side.

What the heck?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.