Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have a 2008 V6 and an independent AC shop and Land Rover have both told me I need to replace my front evap coil, expansion valve and dryer on my system. AC doesn't work very well...
Question is, do I go with genuine LR parts or aftermarket? And what aftermarket company to go with. Geek parts seem the cheapest, but may not be the best. Thanks

·
Registered
525 Posts
Genuine if possible. Maybe you can figure out who OE is, ie: Denso, etc. is ok.

Dealership probably won't allow you to bring your own parts, at least mine had a tantrum. Buying it online, OTC, and in the shop will result in 3 difference prices most likely.

Try British4x4outfitters, Lucky8 or LandRoverMerriamparts

·
1,854 Posts
08 V6?... I thought that 06 was the last year of the 06's.
Have not heard of this problem before any pics.
Dave

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dave, I have not taken any pictures as its the front evap coil leaking, so you need to remove the dash to gain access.

I live in the middle east, so until last year all LR3, LR4 and RR were either 4.0 V6 or 4.4 V8. No Diesels here as petrol is so cheap. I believe all new cars are V6 supercharged. Even still not many V6's around mostly V8's. The saying here is "go big or go home" a perk of living abroad.

I ordered my expansion valve and dryer from British Atlantic in USA and will buy the coil at Land Rover, then get a local AC shop to fit.

·
1,854 Posts
Hi Oman13,
deff get higher end parts for this.
If petrol is so cheap in the middle east why not just build V8's for the middle east. Why would Land Rover sell V6's there. I did not know they made 2008 V6's. That engine is from a Ford Escape and known for lots of issues and not having enough power to move a heavy LR3 smoothly up hills. I thought the V6 engine was just for the American market bringing the price of the Base LR3 lower and for those who thought they rather get a V6 to save on gas in the US.
I imagine that leak issue is possibly due to overuse of the air conditioner due to the heat or connected to the V6 model issues or quality.
They actually have RR Sports 2006-2009 with a 4.0 Ford V6? I would like to see that.

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.