Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an '01 Disco II. It had been sitting (some of the time wide open) for a year or so and there are a lot of water damage/mold issues I'm addressing. Right now, I'm trying to get to the filter above the blower under the glove box. I got the blower out (it was packed with leaves), but the filter right above it is jammed up with mold/crap (see picture). Before I proceed to a point of no return, I want to have some clue of what I need to do. Anyone had any luck with this? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

· Registered
1,166 Posts
I just got an '01 Disco II. It had been sitting (some of the time wide open) for a year or so and there are a lot of water damage/mold issues I'm addressing. Right now, I'm trying to get to the filter above the blower under the glove box. I got the blower out (it was packed with leaves), but the filter right above it is jammed up with mold/crap (see picture). Before I proceed to a point of no return, I want to have some clue of what I need to do. Anyone had any luck with this? Thanks in advance.
Hope you got this thing dirt cheap, as in free. Seriously, the D2's are so packed with electronics, it's hard enough when their dry. I'm really not trying to be a dick here, but if it sat for that long in addition to being exposed to the elements, get rid of it now! Seriously, it's junk. Don't say I didn't warn you.

· Administrator
2,424 Posts
I have got to agree, that looks like all kinds of nasty!
I have a 2000 and a 2001. Have had the dash out and heater box out completely and don't recall a pollen filter or a place for one to be.
I can check in the daylight as the 2001 is in pieces (parts truck) I think I am going to have to side with helievacpilot that looks like nasty mould on the foam door seals of the heater box to me and if it is that damp and mouldy then the whole truck is likely a loss
Maybe a good parts truck
Sorry

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, but it runs like a dream. Absolutely no problems except for the musty smell (and most likely mold) which I'm already making great headway with. Sunroofs don't even leak. Truck was in NM for most of it's life, so no rust. redtruck12, let me know if you get a chance. I don't care what it is, I just want to figure out how to get the gd thing out so I can clean/replace it. Thanks!

· Administrator
2,424 Posts
Bump.... Will send some pictures, just trying to figure out how to make attachments.

· Administrator
2,424 Posts
Ok here we go
No filter. Foam seals on the blend doors. Fixed to the doors.no filter! I think my advice would be to remove the blower section of the h.v.a.c. Module. You may need to pull the dash and if so I would advise pulling the front carpets and seats out and make sure you get all the mould and moisture from the underpadding of the carpet

Attachments

· Administrator
2,424 Posts
Used blower module might be the way to go.

Attachments

· Administrator
2,424 Posts
I would sell you mine but I'm a long way away (Canada)

· Registered
1,166 Posts
I still stand by my assessment. Water damage is insidious. It WILL get you in time. And what about the mold you miss? And don't kid yourself, you will miss some. Every time you drive it, your sealing yourself in with that crap, and blowing in your face to boot. Just sayin.

· Administrator
2,424 Posts
What did you end up doing? Just curious...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.