Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from a long, dusty road trip on Monday. As I was pulling into town, the ACE red light came on. I drove about a half mile further to a safe stopping point, and saw that the reservoir was very low (not empty - about a half inch deep on the bottom of the reservoir).

I filled the reservoir with power steering fluid and drove on (I'd brought all the fluids with me for my trip). To my surprise, the light came on again about a mile later. To my further surprise, I found the reservoir was still completely full when I checked. So now, three days later, the red ACE light continues to come on every time I take a sharp-ish corner but the reservoir is still completely full.

Does this mean the ACE pump is likely fried? Is there a way I can check to be sure? I have little interest in paying 500 to buy a new pump. Can I just pull the fuse and live without ACE for a while (i.e. is safety compromised)?

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
You may be lucky, try doing a full 4 quart flush and see if it will take care of it, if not, unplug the relay for that system to shut it down till you can get a good mechanic to test it.
Let me know what you find.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts