Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For about the last four years the ACE warning light has come on for no apparent reason. It seems to happen more often when in the rain or when wet. It also comes on about 20 minutes into my commute. It has only come on Orange and has never turned red. It will happen for a day or two then not happen again for 6 months. My question is does the ACE "computer" record the reason for the error (like the OBDII) and store it or am I going to have to pull into the dealership with the light on for them to diagnose it.

I assume that changing the fluid would not hurt, but due to all the warnings suggesting that the fluid change should take place in a sterile environment I have not even tried...looking at the parts diagram I don't see many parts under the $500 mark so...any ideas? 99 Discovery II 150,000+

·
Administrator
16,594 Posts
Send me your tele number and I'll walk you thru something I do once a year.
Hopefully you haven't damaged it by not doing anything.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My ace light came on it turns from Orange to red does anyone know what this means I am replacing parts this has been on for a while but I am at a point where almost everything is fixed I really don’t understand how the system works ca. Someone give a little insight

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts
First of all watch the fluid in the tank with engine running... it should circulate hard there. If it's steady the pump is gone and must be replaced. If it's serious activity in the tank you need to plug in a dedicated tester which can comunicate with the ACE ECU to read the fault code(generic reader is useless). Also check fuse F15 engine bay and swap relay R14(ACE) with R13(horns) to rule these out.

Btw, if you want to understand how the system works it's described in the workshop manual... that's how i've learned it. ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks your awesome gonna check now I have a feeling pump might be gone when I did go to check the fluid was low and I have a feeling it has been run ghat way for a while I will check these issues now and also look

·
Bleeds Green
127 Posts
the fluid was low and I have a feeling it has been run ghat way for a while
That's not good. Could damage your system.

Check the system for leaks. The swaybars on my RRS have started to weep a little so I have to keep track of my fluid.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I made it to dealer I bought their recommended fluid for the ace system refilled ran for a half an hour still no action in reservoir.... This means the pump is a goner huh? This seems to be a very expensive to replace

·
Bleeds Green
127 Posts
This means the pump is a goner huh?
Most likely. Ugh. That's unfortunate.

If you don't want to pay to repair it (and then track down the leak that probably caused the problem in the first place) you can replace the swaybars with regular swaybars and be done with it. Remove the pump and replace it with an idler, get a new belt and you should be good. Another forum mentions jumping two wires at the ACE computer to disable the warning light in the dash. From what I've read in other forums there are mixed feelings about removing the system. Some people really miss it and some people don't. Since yours isn't functioning and probably hasn't been for a while, you probably wouldn't notice a negative impact. I don't have ACE and my Disco handles just fine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well I will probably be replacing I still have not checked the fuses fery had mentioned would any of those stop the pump from working?

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts
The pump is mechanicaly turned by the pulley no fuse involved in it. The warning comes on cos there's no pressure. If you want to fix the system i'll tell you more but if you want to ge rid of it the discussion is futile.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I definitely want to fix it I’ve put new everything on this truck. I want to get this light gone. Only light left. My check engine light has been on since I put the new super charger on it code says too much air not enough fuel so that should be fixed very soon. Been recommended a retune at worst new fuel injectors

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts
Find a used but working pump in your area if you can, search for ANR6502, full of them in UK, what ever pump you get after you fitted it dont connect the outlet banjo untill the pump wasnt primed well as to have good flow at the outlet port

1 - 12 of 12 Posts