Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

ACE system valve block.... Trashed.

11K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Dane! 
#1 ·
Well I fixed my oil pump after I got a piece machined, and put new timing gears in along with pressure switch and water pump. I had to leave my car with my father and our family mechanic because I had to return a rental tool, it was all completed and put back together running beautifully but the front was still on jack stands. While I was gone my a**hole father and mechanic start drinking, and jack my car up to get off the stands, and it falls off the stands (in park and with ebrake on) just slipped on the finished concrete and the jack hit my ACE system valve block, bent a hose completely paper thin and ripped out the connector...... Can I get the pipe/hose and fix the connecter, like solder it back or am I boned.
Thanks
Dane

Ill post pics

#2 ·
Is the actual block damaged, can you take a picture so I can see the damage?
If you need a replacement block Paul Grant has good guaranteed used replacements.

#3 ·
its not as bad as i first saw, but a hose is pretty bent and im not sure if the threads inside are wrecked. I didnt get a chance to get a good look at it, its still at my dads shop, he says i he can resolder the connector but im not sure if its savable. i do forsure need a hose for it, im going back to check it out to see what i need now.
thanks,
Dane

Auto part Automotive fuel system Vehicle Suspension Suspension part

Auto part Glass

#4 ·
Safe to say you will need to real the point where it is leaking and most likely replace the pipe. If that is the case, once you have it all back together you will need to find a shop with the proper scanner so you can activate and bleed the system.
In the mean time, pull the relay so the system does not operate which could cause more damage.

#6 ·
Sure, it just shuts off the ACE so you won't damage it further.

#7 ·
Also, I KINDVE routed the pipe i needed, i think it goes back to the pump, not sure though, I was very pressed for time and didnt drive it home today... SO that being said, looking at the picture can anyone who has the ace system confirm this or is there a diagram of some sort, i checked the rave and couldnt trace it, it was very small.
thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.