Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After taking a short drive (20 min), upon exiting the vehicle I noticed smoke coming from right under the lower windshield finisher on the driver's side. There was also the strong smell of burning electrical. There was no smell in the car, and opening the hood no smoke was coming from the engine bay. There was not much smoke, just enough to notice. The smell was very strong. After leaving the car parked for two hours, it barely started.

The day it did this was Thanksgiving, we got snow, so heated f/r windscreens, wipers, heater blower, headlights and driving lights, and heated seat. I noticed the battery drain down starting it in the driveway before the trip it also barely started, but attributed to the fact it had not been run in a couple of days.

Now, it seems to be fine. No battery drain, no weird electrical issues, and no smoke / smell. I took the plastic air intake panel off to see the wiper motor, wiring, no smell and no cooked insulation. However, the pollen filter on the smoking side was frozen, and when I brought it in, it leaked water. Maybe it leaked on the blower motor?

Anyway, probably selling the vehicle, for a 2000 Disco SII.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had this happen a couple of times,always cold early morning with everything turned on.If it happens again pull the lid on the fusebox and take a sniff.The only thing I can suggest is check your earths.3 tracks on my fuse box were badly burnt.If you can use a soldering iron then its a fidely but do able repair.It happened over about 2 years and I only found the fault when looking why my aircon fans wouldnt cut in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.