Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Ipod added to the factory CD changer cable, the kit from atlanticbritish.com. I also still want a cd player. I see that in 2003 or so, they started adding an in-dash cd player to the disco line. My question is can I add this same cd player to my 2000?

I know it is not the same size as my factory din size unit, but on the newer models they have a trim piece to fit under the cd player to make up the space. Does anyone know the part number for this piece?

·
Registered
128 Posts
That Visteon radio is only in the "S" models and Freelander. They're pretty inexpensive. The trim piece is the same as in the series one trucks as well. I have put one of those radios in an SE, as the customer requested an in-dash CD. Worked fine with the factory amp setup. The truck had no changer. So yes, that Visteon radio is pnp for the 2000 DII. For that matter, so is the Becker NAV unit, usually found on EBay cheap, as it's one of the worst NAV units made. The Becker can, however, control a factory changer, whilst the Visteon cannot.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Reconfigure CD in '01 SE

I'd like to reconfigure the Radio/Cd player in my '01 SE. Currently the only way to change CDs is to use the 6 disk unit under that passenger seat which requires acrobatic skills to reach even when the vehicle is stopped.

Is it possible to add and in dash player while retaining much of the current features (except tape) including the 6 cd changer? Who mfg's the current unit for LR?

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi cbriggs3, do you have a link to that ipod/mp3 player kit? I have a CD Changer in my 94 disco but its dying (skips a lot) and I would like to just plug my ipod into the changer cable if possible.
thanks
-terry

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
teryrudy said:
hi cbriggs3, do you have a link to that ipod/mp3 player kit? I have a CD Changer in my 94 disco but its dying (skips a lot) and I would like to just plug my ipod into the changer cable if possible.
thanks
-terry
Email me at [email protected] I decided to install a CD changer instead, and I have the kit available in mint condition. I was going to see if they would allow me to return it tomorrow. The only reason I didn't like the kit is because if you don't have the cd player cable under the passenger seat, you have to buy that as well. Here is the link to the kit.

http://www.roverparts.com/ProductList.asp?PartNumber=8865

Chris

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
teryrudy,

The website states that it is for series II discoveries. You might want to look at the Belkin FM transmitter instead.

chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts