Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love RR's & have the opportunity to buy a 98, 2.5DSE (Automatic) (55,000 miles). I am concerned about the cars reliablity. There is limited availability of parts in India & costs are very high. I plan to buy the RR to use as a daily driver (80KM a day), & for longer drives on/off road (Regular Indian highways are riddled with DEEP potholes) on week ends. Engine power is not an issue as in general Indian traffic is slow.
I am particularly concerned that if I am travelling with a Business associate & the car packs up (All reviews mention problems)? This would be unwelcome !!
I appreciate suggestions.
Thanks

·
Registered
489 Posts
From what I have heard, the later ones are better. I know nothing about the diesel except it is a BMW engine and smooth and (relatively) frugal, but a little low on power. On these cars, I don't think it is the drivetrains you should worry about-its the electronics. Make sure the main BeCM computer is working perfectly or replaced-its big money and controls almost everything in the car. Check for wet spots under the mats in the front-sign of leaking heater core. If it is only water than its O.K., just an A/C drain. However, they are a very nice car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts