Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stared at them online for a year before we bought one. My wife thought it was bad then ... now she calls it my obsession. I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I don't see a Land Rover on the street without pointing it out, or at least making a mental note of it.

I'm curious about how they got it (seems like very few people I've met bought new), what they know about the previous owner, and what they are like themselves. I think about what kind of modifications they've done, if any at all, and what is on the list of things to do.

And so now here I am, joining the long line of enthusiasts before me who understand that being a Land Rover owner is different ... you're automatically invited by ownership, it's all up to you to participate.

I'm introducing myself. I hope to get to know a lot of you in the future.

I am David Buchanan, and I live in Goldsboro NC, for now. I am an Air Traffic Controller for the USAF and this is my 2000 Discovery. For now we use the Discovery for geocaching and benchmarking more than anything else, but I'm anxious to get her off road and see her do what she was built for.

Thanks all,

Dave

·
Registered
444 Posts
Welcome Dave, :wave:

I look forward to getting together in the near future. I see that you are in Berkley Village, I just recently moved from Lufbery, to off base. I too have that obsession, I point out every LR I see to my wife my friends, co-workers. most just laugh, my wife hates it cause she says I do it when she is in mid sentence. I hope that you enjoy being a member of LRO as much as I have.
:drink1:

·
MG
771 Posts
superpowerdave said:
... you're automatically invited by ownership, it's all up to you to participate.
Well said and welcome!

Very nice vehicle, congratulations.

You better make sure your wife catches the bug, otherwise there's bound to be some trouble...

Cheers,

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
That is a sharp looking vehicle, looks too clean go get it dirty and post more pictures.. Nice disco

·
Registered
528 Posts
I'm in Charlotte and Boone NC(Boone during school). If you want to meet up or something, PM me.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Dave,

Five years ago, I was a Boeing guy stationed at MCAS New River in Jacksonville when I bought the Pig. It remained stock for six months before the addiction began.

Have fun with that great D2 dude.

Paul

·
Registered
40 Posts
Where do you wheel in the St. Louis area?
In my 1 year here, I have only gone out a couple times locally. Once at Rockport, IL with the Jeepers and another time at Sayersbrook, again with more jeepers. There is a local "jeep thing" chapter of folks that do a lot of camping and off roading here and seem like a good group of guys. That Sayerbrook Ranch place has some nice technical trails, but I think you have to be a apart of an event to attend.

The first month I lived here I did the Moab thing, which was awesome. The cool thing about St. Louis is that; in 17 hours I am in Moab, or in 12 Hours I am at MAR, etc.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.