Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Sorry, Im a newbie here. I tried to research the topic but not much lock. I have a 2007 big body Range Rover HSE. Yesterday I decided to clean the teminals on the battery. So I disconnected negative - cleaned it and connected. Car started no problem. Then I took the positive terminal off, cleaned it and reconnected it. But car doesnt start. All I get is clock light, lights on buttons and a PARK light blinking. NO power anywhere else on the dash. Its like the car is stock in some sort of mode or fuse or relay popped.
So I figure I jump the battery - no luck. I changed 3 different batteries that I had in my garage - no luck. Whenever I tried to start it, I had headlight come on for 0.5 sec. Parking lights and PARK dash light works. NOthing else is engaging. I checked all the fuses in the glove box - they are all good. I checked the fuses under the hood. They are all good. I asked a dealer what can it be - he said it maybe the big 40-50 amp fuses under the hood. Last night when I check them they were fine. That was at night.

Any suggestions? I basically disconnected and reconnected the battery. Battery is not at issue. It must be some sort of electornic problem. Maybe relay or something. Is that a common thing in these year and models?
Please help.

BTW, car ran fine and it started fine 30 min prior to me disconnecting the battery. Very weird. Its like I turn the key and nothing happens but PARK cluster light blinking. Power is not getting somewhere. I check the power coming out of the battery going down towards the engine but power flows through. I thought maybe its that little device next to battery.

BTW, other symptoms? Well, car locks and unlocks no problem. It doesnt blink the ligths when opening or closing. When emergency lights are on - I dont hear the flasher but they work. Parking lights are fine but no headlights.

Please help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, Somehow I managed to find the gremlin. After trying 3 different batteries (one of them was 900 CCA) - nothing worked. So I went to sears and picked up a brand new battery. I cleaned the terminals again, installed the battery and vuallaaa... its all back to normal. I guess Rovers are very sensitive to the voltage they are getting.

So BRAND new battery was the solution to my problem.
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top