Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace my left catalytic converter. My mechanic is fantastic and has kept my old guy running for some time. He called Land Rover parts and they want nearly $5k for the part. I replaced the right side for $1,400 two years ago. Do I have to buy this part from Land Rover? He think it will cause more problems if we don't use Land Rover parts. I bought my car brand new and I need to get another year at least out of it. I work from home so most of my travel is local.

Has anyone been successful using a after market catalytic converter?

2008 Range Rover Sport Super Changed 200K miles. Thank you for any help!

·
Registered
2003 Discovery 2 SE7
319 Posts
I don’t have any experience with your particular vehicle, but I replaced the catalytic converter on my old Volvo XC90 (they are quite sensitive electrically, just like the Rovers), with a cheap unit off EBay. I think it was like $140 shipped, and it worked fine. It’s a tad louder than factory though, but I’m sure you could find a much higher-quality aftermarket cat for your Range Rover for far less than the dealer quote. As your mechanic said though, it can be a bit of a gamble on the cheaper end, but with the kind of quotes you are getting from the dealer, I’d happily take that gamble.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts