Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got the static from the aftermarket head unit to stop. Bypassed the factory amp. Any recommendations for an aftermarket unit to replace? I don't need to push hundreds of watts to listen to Hawaiian music. Most of the amps I see are kind of big and I want to try and put something in thats roughly the same size as the factory unit. Availability off the shelf is sketchy a best but I'll be on the continent in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looking for small footprint more than wattage. I just ordered a 40w that has a small footprint (3x4x2) that should fit right where the other amp is. Appreciate the help. Any idea what the factory amp puts out? It can't be much based on the size.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is taken from a site I ran across (can't remember which one though):
"You can find the stock amplifier on the right (outside) side of the passenger kick panel. Remove the kick panel guard under the glove box. Remove the plastic trim piece on the right kick panel wall. The amplifier is a black box with a LR logo on the top. An 18 pin connector comes out the bottom. You will need to bypass using wires in this connector."
If I can find the site, I'll post it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.