Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to change engine belt on my DiscoII. Curious to know if anybody recommends an aftermarket brand?

My disco has 46k miles on it and the belt has severe cracks not sure if a new LR belt will hold more than 50k miles. I do experience severe weather conditions in Buffalo between summer and winter.

Oh, the Dealer wants $50 for a new belt and RoversNorth is asking $35 + shipping. Anybody else have another recommendation from local Auto stores?

Hugo

·
Banned
527 Posts
hugodiscoII said:
I need to change engine belt on my DiscoII. Curious to know if anybody recommends an aftermarket brand?

My disco has 46k miles on it and the belt has severe cracks not sure if a new LR belt will hold more than 50k miles. I do experience severe weather conditions in Buffalo between summer and winter.

Oh, the Dealer wants $50 for a new belt and RoversNorth is asking $35 + shipping. Anybody else have another recommendation from local Auto stores?

Hugo
If you the Ace package, go ahead and spend the money at the dealer, if not, go to Napa and get a Dayco.

·
Banned
527 Posts
SCSL said:
Roversnorth had the best price I've seen. Same belt used by dealer, 1/2 the price.
Good call. I second that.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey guys:

I am just curious on why if you have ACE you have to go to the dealer to change or to get the engine belt.

As a precaucion I bought one from Atlantic British, I printed a copy of the routing pattern and placed it on my emergency kit along with the belt. Just in case I loose the belt in the middle of nowhere.

I have a '01 SE7 with ACE

·
Banned
914 Posts
Hmmmm, looks like I owe someone a ass kissing.
RN $38.16
Nathan $38.95 :eek:

I'll need to call Nathan on this! This is the first thing I have EVER seen where he is more expensive than ANYONE else. Usually, he will beat prices buy a few bucks....

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Hank said:
Hmmmm, looks like I owe someone a ass kissing.
RN $38.16
Nathan $38.95 :eek:

I'll need to call Nathan on this! This is the first thing I have EVER seen where he is more expensive than ANYONE else. Usually, he will beat prices buy a few bucks....
Are you sure that the belts are the same? Maybe Nathan is offering a better belt.

The Goodyear serp belts at Autozone are around $32 but they don't seam as strong as the original ones.

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
Chris are you married? My wife might get jealous if Hank kisses my ass so I was going to nominate yours. What we can do is have Serg fab up an official 'LRO' ass (to go w/ the thong) and we can ship it out to Hank for kissing. :lol:

just joking Hank, it happens to the best of us :D :D :drink1:

·
Banned
527 Posts
SCSL said:
Chris are you married? My wife might get jealous if Hank kisses my ass so I was going to nominate yours. What we can do is have Serg fab up an official 'LRO' ass (to go w/ the thong) and we can ship it out to Hank for kissing. :lol:

just joking Hank, it happens to the best of us :D :D :drink1:
Bwahahahahaha! :lol:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Figman said:
Hey guys:

I am just curious on why if you have ACE you have to go to the dealer to change or to get the engine belt.

As a precaucion I bought one from Atlantic British, I printed a copy of the routing pattern and placed it on my emergency kit along with the belt. Just in case I loose the belt in the middle of nowhere.

I have a '01 SE7 with ACE

I think Atlantic British as the lowest belt price w/Ace for around $31.00. However, I am not sure if it's an OEM LR belt?

The one you bought as a spare is LR brand?

Hugo

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.