Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought my 95 disco in early this morning for the fuel tank recall and for them to check out the diff's and CDL. I got it back around 4ish. It started raining heavily around 6ish and i was bored so i took a trip to wal-mart. Went through a few puddle no higher than 4" at speeds no higher than 25 mph. Still running fine. I got to wal-mart, came out, nothing. It didn't even turn over. I checked the battery cables, moved them alittle b/c they were lose, then put in the radio security code. Electronics come on. I try to start it and nothing. I hear the click-click-click of the starter, but no juice. The windows roll up and down at the same speeds as they did before and it didnt seem like the headlights were dimmer than before. Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions?

- AppStateDisco

·
4,576 Posts
But you got home right? Its a Disco thing...sometimes, for many of us, when going through the starting sequence, we wont even get any lights on the dash, no clicks from teh starter, no alert sounds from the instruments..NOTHING...just dead!

·
Registered
234 Posts
That click, click sound is a sign that somethings wrong with the starter solenoid. Check the electrical connections at the starter, the water may have degraded the electrical path, If the starter isn't getting enough juice to acuate the solenoid it will make that clicking sound.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my car is still parked where it died. I'm making a run to wal-mart to get some sandpaper and jumper cables(i think it may be a poor battery connection), then i'm taking out the grounds i put in for the hella 500's i just put in(which aren't connected to anything but grounds by the way..). I'll let you know how it goes. thanks for the input guys, i'll have it checked out in the morning.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
got er' up and workin. Problem was a bad battery connection and corrosion. she's running at a higher idle for some reason now and feels to get alot more power than before, what would cause this? just the reset ecu?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.