Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First and formost I love this rig, this is the best, most comfortable and seemingly capable truck/car/suv/ I have been in. Second I would like to say, This has many quirks all of which make me love it even more. Like the fact that the starter works intermitenly, or that when I press the defrost button I here clicking noise but no defrost light goes on. If anybody can help me out with that I would apreciate it.

But for my number one concern right now. I poured water down the sunroof drains, and sure enough I had water come out of my windshield at the top. any ideas of how to fix this issue?

Thanks and I am sure I will have more questions later.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just had the same problem with my 1998 Disco! Water was pouring into the interior during a bad rain storm. Brought the truck into the shop. The shop found the seal at the top of the tub was loose. They recommended a new sunroof tub at a repair cost of $800 or to re-seal with sealant. I went with having the truck re-sealed at a much lower cost.

Good Luck hope it turns out to be a minor problem to fix :drive:

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
The more common problem is caused from plugged up or leaking drain tube, not a big problem or expense.
Mike J.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm not really sure what to look because it was done in the shop. It didn't take that long for them to do even with the drying and re-testing process. What year is your Disco and how long have you had it?

·
Registered
317 Posts
I dunno what it is, but it seems that any vehicle I buy these days has wet floors. The Disco I just picked up was no exception. Now sure, it's 9 years old, but that's still no excuse. I had a 3 year old Xterra that had wet floors.

All have had the same problem. The rubber strip along the top of the windshield wasn't attached, water pooled up under there and eventually made it's way in. So, I use this 3m weatherstrip adhesive and tack that thing down.

Guess what...

No leaks now.

Bogatyr

·
Registered
388 Posts
MrSpool said:
Leaks are no fun, thats for sure. any ideas of how to get into the drains to repair or unclog them. Or what type of shop should I go too. Thanks.
An old speedometer cable might work....if you can find one!

·
MG
771 Posts
At least for the rear sunroof, I have "discovered" that the drain tubes run aft just beneath the alpine windows (looks to be from their location, from the forward part of the sunroof).

If you have the time to remove all the trimming, you can probably pull the tubes and blow compressed air to blow whatever may be blocking them; or you may be able to do the same once you open the glass all the way - climb up on your oof and check (I haven't tried it).

Spool - I like your attitude about your Disco - keep the faith brotherman!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for the encouragement (spelled wrong I am sure). I love this truck, it demands respect, looks great, is extreemly comfortable. and more than capable, I live in a city and I can not even feel the curbs when I bypass road construction :) Can someone explain to me what happens when the passages get clogged. Also is there a way to pull the head linner down or get in to see where or how it is backed up. Thanks.

·
Former LR tech, Albany NY
2,437 Posts
dont pull the tubes unless you absolutely have too. Trust me they can break very easily.

Try the compressed air. I got a angled blow gun that works fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.