Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently found that my lower rad hose clamp was loose and causing a slight coolant leak. I tightened it and bled the system. The engine stone cold, lift the reservoir out and held on top of the battery, open the cap and open the bleeder on the upper rad hose. A nice steady stream of coolant pouring out, put the bleeder back in, installed the reservoir cap, put the reservoir back in place and ran the engine at idle for about 40 minutes.

I go pull away to go home and the noise is still there, I have zero coolant leaks, everything is new as far as headgaskets, the throttle body heater has been bypassed, all hoses and clamps are tight, pressure tested the system with no drop in pressure. The only thing I notice after driving it home and popping the hood is I can hear air leaking out the reservoir cap, is this normal? Also I want to replace the cabin air filter but cannot find it? I removed the glove box, nothing there and removed the wipers and covers and found I can see straight into the blower motor, is this where the filter should be?

· Premium Member
7,890 Posts
You still have air in the cooling system. Some have had luck with putting the front wheels on ramps or jack stand during the bleeding procedure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.