Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed the other day that the fabric inside the baffle that goes between the air box and the fender is deteriorating rapidly. Have little tatters of it in the air box itself. Is there a simple way to repair this, or do I need to start looking for a replacement assembly? And I'm sure this has been debated before, but are there any viable aftermarket options? I can post a picture tomm to better explain what it is I'm talking about.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's a picture of what I'm talking about. It feels a little silly to replace the entire air box for just this dumb little problem. I'm inclined to just take it out, clean the remaining detritus out, then wrap it in tape to keep the mess and warm air out of it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, so I ended up doing the cheap option. I removed the airbox (and underneath, I found a screwdriver that wasn't mine and a clip that was missing for the airbox top!) then cleaned and taped that baffle section. It's not pretty, but it will suffice for the time being.

Attachments

·
04 DiscoII
24 Posts
I have the same issue on my 04 disco. Is the tape working out well? I looked for this part, but Rovers North seems to only sell the entire lower assembly which is over $300. Might try to find a used one, but I bet they are all doing this considering even the "newer" trucks are 11-12 years old. Should I just clean the fabric off and tape it up?

Thanks guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.