Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
rovering??
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok these are my thaughts...
as i dont have an air suspension any more... i was wondering how much work would it take to convert the compressor and the tank for airing up the tires, powering the lockers, and surely the air horn....
i know some one may have done this already...
to me it looks fairly simple...
1-run power to the compressor.with a direct switch(may be a pressure cut off)
2-plumb the system straight to the tank...
and
3-fit the tank with and adapter for a quick connect ...
is this as simple as it sounds? and if yes has any one here has done it? are there any pics.....or diagrams..?thanks to all that reply

·
Registered
161 Posts
It can be done

ECR did it, see here: ECR RRC project
It looks pretty simple, and I wrote to ECR about a year ago to ask for more detail.
They claimed it was easy and they would put a page on their site with the details, but I've yet to see it appear. Now I have a powertank so I gave up on the idea, but if you're really interested it might be a good idea to write to them. As far as I can tell, they're a great bunch.
Let us know how it turns out...

Good luck,
Art Vigil

·
Registered
734 Posts
Aaaaaaaaannnnnnnd.........you can use them to inflate a blow up camping partner :D

Having air on board is the next best thing to having beer in the cooler.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
DallasRover said:
Aaaaaaaaannnnnnnd.........you can use them to inflate a blow up camping partner :D

Having air on board is the next best thing to having beer in the cooler.
Don't know about your sexual habits, but I prefer a female on board, just to open the beer bottles as I drive.:D

·
Former LR tech, Albany NY
2,437 Posts
it can be used to operate a foghorn.

actually fill up an air mattress would be nice as well.

and get a hotter fire as well.

·
rovering??
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DallasRover said:
Aaaaaaaaannnnnnnd.........you can use them to inflate a blow up camping partner
Having air on board is the next best thing to having beer in the cooler
DallasRover said:
That's what I meant.......an Air Mattress, that's it :confused
we all know what u ment dallas...

·
Registered
734 Posts
1st rover said:
we all know what u ment dallas...
:D

Anyway, be interested to know if the setup from the suspension compressor works well. Currently I carry a small Craftsman (My nail gun compressor) that can run off an inverter, not enough to run air tools but works well for airing up tires and stuff.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I am away from home but will post pics of my setup later, in the meantime:

I put in a kill switch and a pressure cutoff, ran the hose with a quick connector to the little flap in the side panel in the rear cargo area - I had already takent he 6 disc changer out. I also put in a pressure guage under the cup holders, it is sweet!!

Causes some really neat looks and oooohs and aaaaaggghs at the beach when you can pump them up so quickly in front of everyone else.

It was fairly straight fwd and yes I used the diagrams etc from the ECR site as inspiration.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.