Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At some point I'm am going to need to paint my 110 MOD so I've started to look at air compressors and the more I learn, the more questions I have. First off, I'm not doing a frame off restoration, but when I look at the rubber around the windshield, it needs replacement, and while I've got that apart, I would think it would be a good time to sand/paint the frame and hinges. Then at some time do doors, or fenders... So, the question of CFM and HVLP guns comes up. From what I can learn, the HVLP guns require about 6.5-7.0 cfm @ 40 psi. Unfortunately, to reach those cmf's, you need the big 60 gal/220 volt (Expensive) units. I've looked at the Sears and Ingersol compressors but the 110 versions only crank out about 5.5 cmf at 40 psi. Is this sufficient for my light use? Trying to do this on a budget, without wiring the garage for 220. Can I run sanders, grinders, spray gun on the smaller compressors? Appreciate any info.
Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.