Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 Discovery and when I am driving with the air conditioning on, it will sometimes turn off and I have to turn it off and on to make it work again. Has this happened to anyone else or does anyone know why it is doing this? Thanks!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I had that problem and took my switch assembly apart and cleaned the contacts and no probs since. A quick search on removing your assembly should show you how to remove and take apart for your model year. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
50 Posts
That is all excellent input... I have the exact same problem, I will definetly give that speed selector switch a cleaning. Cheers everyone!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Similar AC happening

Recently acquired a 1999 LR Disco 1 SD and while out on a lengthy drive with AC on, it cut out unexpectedly. It came right back on after turning off and back on. Observed hot liquid saturating front passenger side of center console and floor board/foot well. Pulled carpeting away to find hot liquid coming out around short black tube connected to floor. Took hose loose from floor and upper connection point. Cleared blockage from bottom end of tube. Reconnected hose to floor and upper tip and checked to find liquid draining out under LR. Floor dried, wet carpet or AC shut-off has not occurred again since.

:D Hoping this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts