Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving my 2005 LR3 from RI to MD on fairly hot day 87F. The A/C worked fine for the first 5 hours then it started blowing warmer. After an hour of declining cooling I turned it off. I tried it again after about 45 mins and it started to cool again and worked for the last 2 hours of the drive. A friend suggested that it maybe a dirty cabin air filter could restrict the airflow and cause this. I will replace that but also looking for other potential causes to these symptoms.

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
2003 Discovery 2 SE7
364 Posts
I doubt it’s the cabin filter, although if it hasn’t been changed in a while, I’d do that anyway - if not for that reason, it’ll give you better airflow and cleaner air. I have no experience with LR3s, but in my D2 the same thing used to happen on long trips when it was hot out and I was cranking the AC. I think it’s just a byproduct of Land Rover not using beefy enough AC parts, and it just gets heat soaked after that much use at those temperatures and can’t transfer heat as well when everything is so hot. I just accept the mediocrity of my AC. If someone else has any insight other than “it just kinda sucks, deal with it”, I’d love to get mine working better too!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you are like me and have been blowing off replacing the cabin air filter, I would give it a check. I found a very dirty filter, but also a large mouse nest underneath it in the blower. A/C works fine now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts