Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello...I was just wondering if anybody has ever tried putting a cold air intake kit on there 4.0 l or 4.6 l engine? I have heard with other cars they increased an AMAZING 15 HP and 3-4 MPG...{clueing it pays for itself} :drive: :drive: :drive:

·
Registered
106 Posts
It seems that everyone has their own opinion on this subject matter, but here's my school of thought. By putting a bigger or less restrictive intake in, your sucking more air in, thus you need to exhaust that extra air as well so you should install some headers and exhaust too. But by using a k&n filter or like it, you'll get more air intake but less filtration than you would with a stock paper element thus sucking bigger particles inside your engine and will probably oil up your MAF sensor too making it necessary to clean it regularly or it could damage it long term and make your car run like ****. Just my .02. thx.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
As a rough guide, take a temperature reading with a infrared thermometer of the heat in your engine bay after you have had your motor running for a while. Quickly open the hood and take a reading of the ambient air temp near your air intake. Next take a reading of the ambient air outside the vehicle. Then calculate the difference between the two readings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.