Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any common faults with the brakes on these cars that might be helpful to know before I start diagnosing the vehicle.

I have a 2000 LR Disco II on hand and the brakes make an air leaking sound upon application. Sounds like a low pressure venting.

I also noticed on a few different occasions it has made this sound after parking the car. A few different gusts of air venting in rapid succession.

Brake booster problem?

I have noticed the pedal acting funny on random occasions aswell. It never drops to the floor but from time to time itll become very stiff as if its lost power. (master cylinder?)

I need to recheck the fluid but I dont believe there is any loss.

Ill start diagnosis potentially at some point this week or next week. Just thought there might be some common faults to look out for.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Sounds like a booster issue assuming you do not have a leak in in the vacuum hose from the manifold.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a booster issue assuming you do not have a leak in in the vacuum hose from the manifold.
Interesting thats for the advise.

I have a misfiring issue that I believe is related to the computer. I need to figure out if the car has a SAP or not before I attempt to solve that. And the exhaust is falling off which have distracted me from digging deeper with the brakes. Im going to get out to fluid and spend some more time on them tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
2,161 Posts

I have a misfiring issue that I believe is related to the computer. I need to figure out if the car has a SAP or not before I attempt to solve that. And the exhaust is falling off which have distracted me from digging deeper with the brakes. Im going to get out to fluid and spend some more time on them tomorrow.
You mention fluid, ..... :dunno:brake fluid ? If it has a hydraulic brake fluid leak that is an entirely separate issue

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts

As a 2000, chances are you don't have SAI, if you do it will have it's pump tucked up on the passenger side firewall.
As for your misfires, give us the fault code numbers as well as your mileage and the last time it was tuned along with new 8 mm silicone plug wires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts