Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when rear passenger door seems to leak air when i am driving at highway speed! All the weather stripping looks good so i have no idea what is wrong. has anyone had this problem or does anyone know what i can do to fix it? it seems to be coming from the top of the door...any ideas?

·
Former LR tech, Albany NY
2,437 Posts
if the moulding is correctly installed check the door striker.

the door should be flush.

if that doesnt work, bend the door with your knee a bit to see if it works,

in the meantime put baby powder or vaseline on the door seal to see how well the door seals. use the left side as a guide if your not sure.

if that doesnt work, remove the door panel and remove a few scews on the sides and adjust the door window frame.

lastly if that dont work, put a new seal on.

·
Registered
523 Posts
drum655 said:
when rear passenger door seems to leak air when i am driving at highway speed! All the weather stripping looks good so i have no idea what is wrong. has anyone had this problem or does anyone know what i can do to fix it? it seems to be coming from the top of the door...any ideas?
Easy check...Happened to me when first bought my Disco(seems to be a common problem).Look for the vertical-oriented window channel felts on both sides of your window.Track them-up and see if there is a gap on the corners where they meet the top horizontal-oriented felt at the top of the window.There shouldn't be any gaps there.One of the vertical felts on the sides in mine was slowly going down on the channel with the up-n-downs, so it actually was leaving a gap between it and the felt on the top.I pulled it up carefully and pushed it a bit against the top felt being careful not to wrinkle them on the corner.Problem solved.

Carlos

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.