Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an LR3 2006 4.0L.
I have Air Suspension fault. On the dashboard I get the yellow car with two arrows above it.
Connected the ICarsoft can bus reader and it shows some strange values:
When stopped: Lateral accelerometer 261.09g
Also, this fault: C1A74 (State: Current), Rear left height sensor mechanism
One more thing which is strange to me is that the heights of the rear hight sensors are negative.
Rear left corner hight is -26mm, Rear right corner height -43mm. Maybe nothing wrong with this but I don't know.
Also the front left height sensor supply is 4.92 but
front left height sensor voltage is 2.35. There seem to be 2.6 V drop in the cable.
This is the case for all other sensors so probably nothing wrong with it.
Maybe I should start with the Rear left height sensor mechanism first.

·
very disco
2,696 Posts
The centerline of the height measurement is 0, and when the suspension was last calibrated, custom non-zero values were input to level the vehicle according to whomever performed the work. Negative values result in a net gain in height, and positive values a net loss. If the previous calibrator desired a rake in stance (similar to my personal setup) then the rear is lifted higher than the front. This gives a more uniform gap between wheel and fender. I wouldn’t worry about the negative values, they’re not from the ground, but from an arbitrary zero point.

first thing I would do is clear the codes and test drive and see what happens

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have cleared the codes and I have driven around. The fault keeps coming back.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Removed the wheel and disconnected the height sensor from the harness. Measured the voltage on the connector.
4.9V between pin 1 and 4. 4.9V between pin 1 and 5. This looks OK to me. There were some discussions on how to check the sensor for abnormal jumps with an oscilloscope. I will try that next.

·
very disco
2,696 Posts
Can your tool offer live data? You could put it in live mode, and drive it around watching the display. It won’t clearly illustrate any funny business but it should record max and min

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can your tool offer live data? You could put it in live mode, and drive it around watching the display. It won’t clearly illustrate any funny business but it should record max and min
My tool has limited capabilities. I tried live data while driving and the only parameters monitored were the sensor voltages. I don't have nominal values for these so I don't know what to expect.
Rear left sensor voltage 1.83.
The supply voltage is about 4.9V as measured.
I have put off buying the iidtool since it is expensive but It looks like I may need to do that.

·
very disco
2,696 Posts
If you clear the code and start the truck, does it error immediately or does it occur during operation?

on a side note, you may consider the nanocom EVO. It’s not vin-locked, so you can use it on any number of vehicles that you own software for. It’s comparable in price, and I would argue has greater value. I own a nanocom with D2, D3, and RRS software and it’s nice to be able to connect to a peer’s vehicle at will

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you clear the code and start the truck, does it error immediately or does it occur during operation?

on a side note, you may consider the nanocom EVO. It’s not vin-locked, so you can use it on any number of vehicles that you own software for. It’s comparable in price, and I would argue has greater value. I own a nanocom with D2, D3, and RRS software and it’s nice to be able to connect to a peer’s vehicle at will
Yes, the error appears immediately.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I finally bought the IIDTool and I am quite happy with it. I see more precise information from the tool.
There are faults in the Transfer Case, instrument Pack,Vehicle Dynamic, Body Control, suspension modules.

I will list them below:

Body Control
B1B02-28 (2F) Low frequency coil - General signal failure - signal bias level is out of range/zero adjustment failure
B1B56-87 (2F) Sliding roof module - Bus signal/message failure - missing a message
B1BA0-66 (2F) Excessive challenge requests or start attempt in storage mode - Algorithm based failure - signal has too many transitions/events
B1C44-67 (2F) Rear wiper park position switch - Algorithm based failure - signal is incorrect after the event
B1C57-14 (6C) Passive start ignition relay coil circuit - General electrical failure - circuit short to ground or open
B1C77-14 (2F) Rear wiper relay coil circuit - General electrical failure - circuit short to ground or open
B1D12-15 (2E) Volumetric alarm power circuit - General electrical failure - circuit short to battery or open
B1D14-15 (2F) Interior lamps 2 circuit - General electrical failure - circuit short to battery or open

Instrument Pack
U0184-87 (2F) Lost communication with audio unit - Bus signal/message failure - missing a message

Suspension
C1A74-1C (2E) Rear left height sensor mechanism - General electrical failure - circuit voltage out of range
U1A35-62 (AF) VIN data - Algorithm based failure - signal compare failure

Transfer Case
P1807-00 (2F) Four-wheel drive high ratio - short circuit to ground
U0132-86 (2C) Lost communication with ride level control module - Bus signal/message failure - signal is invalid

Vehicle Dynamic
U0132-87 (0B) Lost communication with ride level control module - Bus signal/message failure - missing a message

·
Registered
2008 Land Rover LR3 HSE V8
52 Posts
I finally bought the IIDTool and I am quite happy with it. I see more precise information from the tool.
There are faults in the Transfer Case, instrument Pack,Vehicle Dynamic, Body Control, suspension modules.

I will list them below:

Body Control
B1B02-28 (2F) Low frequency coil - General signal failure - signal bias level is out of range/zero adjustment failure
B1B56-87 (2F) Sliding roof module - Bus signal/message failure - missing a message
B1BA0-66 (2F) Excessive challenge requests or start attempt in storage mode - Algorithm based failure - signal has too many transitions/events
B1C44-67 (2F) Rear wiper park position switch - Algorithm based failure - signal is incorrect after the event
B1C57-14 (6C) Passive start ignition relay coil circuit - General electrical failure - circuit short to ground or open
B1C77-14 (2F) Rear wiper relay coil circuit - General electrical failure - circuit short to ground or open
B1D12-15 (2E) Volumetric alarm power circuit - General electrical failure - circuit short to battery or open
B1D14-15 (2F) Interior lamps 2 circuit - General electrical failure - circuit short to battery or open

Instrument Pack
U0184-87 (2F) Lost communication with audio unit - Bus signal/message failure - missing a message

Suspension
C1A74-1C (2E) Rear left height sensor mechanism - General electrical failure - circuit voltage out of range
U1A35-62 (AF) VIN data - Algorithm based failure - signal compare failure

Transfer Case
P1807-00 (2F) Four-wheel drive high ratio - short circuit to ground
U0132-86 (2C) Lost communication with ride level control module - Bus signal/message failure - signal is invalid

Vehicle Dynamic
U0132-87 (0B) Lost communication with ride level control module - Bus signal/message failure - missing a message
Has your Disco had water leakage inside? (It's a common thing) IF so, (and I'm not a mechanic) but checking the passenger side fuse box and drying and cleaning it with an electronics cleaner helped most of the faults on my LR3.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts