Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son-in law replaced the front brake pads on my 2005 LR3 - after the job the air suspension is not functioning and vehicle is sitting very low - rides terrible. Any thoughts about what he might have done to cause this? Is there a fuse that might have blown?

Thanks for any ideas!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Are you getting fault codes or messages?
Is the compressor coming on?
How and where did he jack up the front end, did both wheels come off the ground at the same time?
Did he use jack stands? If so where did he locate them.
If the compressor is coming on, I would look and listen for leaks around the air tank. Common for someone to to jack the vehicle in the wrong place.
Good luck and keep posting..

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
Of course scanning it for codes by description would be a good place to start if you have access to a diagnostic tool.
Visually, if it is since being jacked up, you might want to check if a height sensor rod may have been bumped off

Reactions: Drome

·
Registered
23 Posts
Definitely get the suspension system scanned for codes. Often times, when a suspension fault is stored, the suspension will be prevented from raising/lowering. However, when it was jacked up for repair, air was likely released from the air springs and once lowered, the disabled suspension system will not raise itself back up. If you fix the error message on the dash, the suspension will go back to normal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.