Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My compressor has been running more than usual due to a small air leak in one wheel valve, and then SUDDENLY, the EMS FAULT message came on, all the level indicator light came on, and the compressor stopped. Car rides at
LOW only, and is a very hard ride. What to do besides going to RR dealer? Is there a fuse or relay that might be replaced?

·
Registered
93 LWB KITTED 95 LWB Chop Top 03 D2
213 Posts
Time to upgrade to springs or Pay Dearly $$$

stone said:
My compressor has been running more than usual due to a small air leak in one wheel valve, and then SUDDENLY, the EMS FAULT message came on, all the level indicator light came on, and the compressor stopped. Car rides at
LOW only, and is a very hard ride. What to do besides going to RR dealer? Is there a fuse or relay that might be replaced?
Your car is on Fault Mode. You are riding on your bump stops.

There are just too many problems associated with the air bag suspension. Its not a bad system when its up and running and the bags are in good condition, but it looks like you have a leaky bag. You will have to take it to some kind of Rover shop to fix this problem, I believe the computer has to be reset with a Rover computer or similar. A good DIY Spring Replacement kit is going to cost you about $600.00 You can probably get that bag fixed for about the same price, but then you are running on 3 other bags that can go at any time.

Search the web for Spring replacments to get an idea of the job. Good luck!

My 2 cents

·
I'd love to be in the Rat Patrol
3,205 Posts
When mine stopped working I took it back to the shop i bought it from. I told him it stopped going up and down. He said, "I'll fix it."
When I got it back I looked under the wheel wells and said, "Springs?"
He said, "yep it's fixed."
I like the ride better of the springs.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Its too bad there is not some sort of hybrid system for RRs, like a coil spring with an airbag in the middle to allow for some raising and lowering if needed. I like being able to lower the car to let people in and out easier (kids), and also I love being able to raise the car for extra clearance if needed. Seems like someone should make something like this...

-Coach

1 - 5 of 5 Posts