Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I’m new to this whole forum thing. I have had a Land Rover for a while now but had some issues so I put it in storage for the winter. Now I have an air suspension issue. It has lowered all the way, like no air in the system. I have replaced the air compressor with a new one from Atlantic British and found that some mice chewed a couple of my air lines so I replaced those as well. But now with everything sealed up and no leaks the car still will now raise. No error codes, no faults. The compressor does kick on when the vehicle starts and it sounds like it goes till the holding tank is full but the vehicle will now raise. I have tried jacking it up to see if the struts just weren’t letting air in but nothing. The only thing I can see is that both the access height light and the normal ride height lights are on. When I flip the switch it dings and flashes the arrows but nothing happens. I have tried everything I can and can not figure it out. Please help.
Thanks in advance

·
very disco
1,312 Posts
do you have access to an LR specific scan tool? it would be interesting to see if the reservoir and gallery are pressurizing to nominal.

if you replaced the compressor, you'll want to doublecheck your plumbing at the compressor, and again at any valve block which you fussed with.
it's also worth mention that if you replaced a hitachi style compressor with an AMK style, you'll need a software update, but that's probably not the case if your compressor is running and not showing an orange EAS error light.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not messed with any of the valve
blocks yet. I’m pretty certain I hooked everything up right when I reconnected it. I did use the hitachi OEM compressor. I do not have the scan tool.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did forget to mention that I have a transmission fault. It says limited gears available. I have narrowed that down to a rusty shift linkage but I wanted to get the air suspension fixed first.

·
very disco
1,312 Posts
i doubt that you have a rusty shift linkage causing that transmission fault, but either way, the first step will be getting an LR friendly scan tool so that you can diagnose your truck.

without that, it will be all guessing and parts-darts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts