Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a leak in my right front air bag valve that requires the compressor to run more than it should. Dealer wanted $800.00 to fix leak and another $800 to replace compressor, which they claim would be weak from overuse. Car is a 1999 4.0, and there must be a better way to go. Air system works fine-will go up or down as requested, but noisy compressor is a pain. Help..Thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just to clarify, if you can, is it leaking from the valve block or one of the fittings between the valve block and the airbag?

-Coach

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
I would check around at some of the web sites like Atlantic British, I bet you will find a pretty good price for the part. I wouldn't step into the pile of **** the dealer is laying out to you about the pump, only do the valve block and then see how it goes.
Mike J.

·
Registered
18 Posts
air leak & not sure on pump strength

any way to check the pump on the rr? i unhooked the airline from the pump & turned it on & it is blowing air but not really that strong..i can put my finger over it & hold the air back..sound strong enough? i have a leak where my line goes into the top brass ring on the air bag..it leaks around the gold ring not the plastic line..is there an o-ring in there or is it my plastic line bad?
thanks, brian

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yes there are o-rings in there, cheap and easy to replace. Metric, but I am not sure of the sizes. Also, make sure you check out RangeRovers.net for lots of good info on the EAS system, and various non-stock parts to replace with.

-Coach

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi, guys

I've just posted some info on my website (www.goffy.com) gleaned on a training course at Land Rover's Technical Academy, on the subject of air suspension. The system really isn't that complicated.

First I'd check the ride height sensors with a multimeter. Then on a P38A, set it to standard height, remove the timer relay from under the left-hand front seat and leave it overnight to see which corners go down. Then test for leaks in the problem area.

Then decide whether it's worth paying to have a TestBook/T4 run over the system to see what the other faults are, get it depressurised and then overhaul it as a DIY proposition. Then take it back to the dealer for calibration.

Hope this is of some help

·
Registered
79 Posts
Geoffrey,

I just checked out your writeup, and its great! It is exactly what I was needed before I start messing with my system.

Thanks a bunch,

-Coach

1 - 8 of 8 Posts