Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having a ton if issues with the air suspension on my 2012 LR4 and would like to switch over to coil. Problem is there is no available kit on the market that includes the software to shut off warnings. My question....What would happen if I use a LR3 conversion kit as it would fit on the LR4 but not LR4 software. Whats the worse that can happen besides warning lights?

·
very disco
1,519 Posts
EAS faults can alter the computer’s response with other related systems like HDC and ABS.

If you’re going to surgically remove a system from your truck, you should do it proper, otherwise it’s like a third world medical procedure

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree and was worried exactly for that reason. However no one sells the software for the LR4. I was just lucky to come across 1 seller who sold the hardware and told me to take it to a shop and shut it off. Go figure!

·
very disco
1,519 Posts
The GAP people don’t sell a solution for you?

I believe if you have a GAP tool or nanocom you could reprogram it yourself, but I thought the GAP guys sold a deal that bypasses for you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately they only offer the bypass for LR3 not LR4 as yet, well at least from my searches. I was hoping someone here could have a possible solution to this.

·
very disco
1,519 Posts
Do you own a nanocom or GAP tool?

·
Registered
7 Posts
What’s going on with the air ride? Problems are usually easy to fix. Just need to find 15 mins to spare to lay on your back to find an air leak usually. Parts are also much cheaper on eBay. Tons of YouTube videos on the repairs as well. Super easy stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts