Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I have a leak in one of my airbags for my SLS

@ approx $800 AUD they are not cheap to replace

I have no seen the size of the hole yet. I just spayed some soapy water on the bag and saw bubbles where air was leaking out.

Is it possible to repair holes in these air bags??

· Too much money,not enough sense
148 Posts
Thining that he's talking about suspension airbag

Not a SRS airbag...
I would think that a tire repair kit using that vulcanising glue might actually do the trick till you can get around to replacing it...Might wanna try a tire dealer and see if they can help you out...

Marcus.

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
John,
I have heard a couple mention that they removed the air bag and install a can of tire sealant inside the bag and reinflated them, they say it worked, I am not sure though.
Mike J.

· Registered
238 Posts
This product Slime works amazingly well in tyres I could only find a link to a cycle shop for the description. I ran it my bfg's for 2 or so years and never recieved a puncture even when screws were removed from the tred it pluged the hole amazing stuff. This might work in an air bag can't be positive though.
Adam

· Registered
1,744 Posts
Hmmmm! I'm not sure I would like to use tire inflating products (it will more than likely work), but it may create further problems later on. My advice would be to change out the problem. Generally the airbags need replacing around 100,000km anyway.

· Registered
29 Posts
Is your life worth more then $800 AUD ???
A leak in an airbag???
First time I hear about this !!!
They activate when the sensor goes on, under severe shock, electronic and gaz combination. How could they leak before being deployed ?
Shine some light on my avenue .......

· Registered
29 Posts
Wait a minute, I get it.
"Air Bag" You mean Air spring suspension !!!!!
I am reading an article in the (British) LRE magazine, January issue on page 106.
It mentionned the part number and "it's know as "Air Bag rear ........"
Now I get it !
They usually leak where the fold is like an old inner tube on Serie IIA.
I am going to bed less dummy then I was !. (A saying here in Quebec.)

:eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.