Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 01 Disco II has an alarm\horn going off like crazy for no reason at all. It will not respond to the key remote control, we just have to let it run it's course. 3 nights ago, it went of around 3 am. It was the last straw. I pulled the fuse for the Horn, so it's dissabled. However, we need the Horn to work.

How can I keep the horn working but dissable the Alarm ? Any ideas :confused

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
Has the horn been going off when the truck is locked or unlocked?
If it is when it is locked, the most common cause is the hood switch for the alarm, it will go out of adjustment. You might try adjusting it out by 1/2 turn and see if that helps.
If the horn continues to go off, use your key, while it is honking, and lock and unlock the drivers door 3 times slowly, it has to be 3 time only. That will reset the alarm and shut down the horn.
Good luck, and better sleeping.
Mike J.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has been going off when it is locked.

Thanks for the tip, I will look for the hood switch you are talking about. If you can give me an approximation of where to look, I will appreciate it.

I will try that trick for locking\unlocking the door 3 times. Thanks Disco Mike.

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
I believe on a 01 that the hood switch is on the drivers side, on the wheel well, and sticks up to make contact with the hood when it is closed. You will see a little rubber oot incloseing the witch.
I just went out and checked mine and realized they no longer have an adjustment built in, I stand corrected.
So now I am at a loss. That leaves going in and having the alarm system tested, most likely at a dealers cause you will need someone with a test book to test and confirm what is going wrong.
Sorry,
Mike J.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.