Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PLEASE HELP???
Huge hassles...went to fix my rear power windows (had to solder the dry joints in the window relay box)
BUT NOW when I hookup the ALARM/LOCK ECU there is slight sign of click in the door actuators(they don't move, can hear them flinch) all round and then the hazards flash continuously with the power locking disabled.
I've tried every combination of locked and unlocked, pulled battery, driven the car....disconected each of the door actuators.
Engine still starts and runs SO NOT armed or imobilised. All wiring seems good.
Could an inertia switch cause this??
I don't have a Keyless FOB....just use key normally....worked fine until I did the windows and don't see the link except that I had to remove the alarm ECU.
There is no response to the key in drivers door and the sill lock has no response. It's as though the ALARM ECU has an known fault....dash indicator is off. Only the hazards are flashing via the relays in the ECU
I have a Lucas 10AS FYI....any ideas???

Don't you just love these things.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Alarm Hazards Flashing Fixed

I have solved this problem.... It was caused by the inertia switch on the board inside the ALARM ECU (10AS) jamming or not "resetting" when the ignition was switched on. The solution what to short the switch (using a wire on the underneath of the circuit board) and keeping it closed while turning the ignition on and off. On the second startup the hazards reset and the central locking was active again.
ALL FIXED

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.