Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to Land Rovers and am finding they have a lot of idiosyncrasies. Recently the alarm horn went off while I was driving. It shut itself off after awhile but when I went to restart it it went off again. I removed the horn fuse and i can drive it but the alarm is still going. Any ideas what it could be? A door sensor maybe?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Don't know what the issue is but I am having somewhat similar issues with my alarm. When I lock the door using the remote the doors DON'T lock and the horn sounds one time and the alarm sets. Then if I go in the vehicle and use the switch inside to lock the doors they all lock execpt the drivers door. Then I go outside and lock the drivers door using the key and the horn sounds and the door locks but the dome lights stay on.

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
Sounds like you both have a door switch issue.or door lock actuator problems. Door ajar switches ar an integral part of the latch assembly.
Try to isolate which door
James - youse sounds like a drivers door issue
Redman yours sounds like normal operation with at least one door not locking (single beep when locking indicate a door not locked) Check that all doors actually are locking and try the dash switch with the drivers door closed and the passenger door open.
If a door is not electronically locking, try manually locking that door and try again.

My 2000 d2 has a bad lock solenoid on the passenger rear and requires replacement.
Works fine and locks including super-lock when I manually lock that door

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.