Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2001 Landrover Discovery series 2. Randomly after I lock the car the alarm goes off. I doesn't go off straight away it seem to happen within the next hour or so. It has been happening when I lock it up in the car park at work and sometime later it goes off. It pars to be happening on hot days. Any advice would be appreciated. I tried to find the door switches to check them but I cant locate them. Thankyou in advance.......Tass

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
Hi, in most cases this symptom is caused by the volumetric sensors... lock it with key in the lock not with fob for test cos this disables the volumetric alarm only and if the alarm will rest this way that's it... they used to suffer from corrosion or just simply fail cos it's a PCB with integrated circuits... also this can happen if it's windy outside and the door seals are not sealing well, or a moth trapped in cos the volumetric alarm is triggered by air movement in the cabin

here's a sample

Attachments

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
The knowledge base on this board is amazing.

Where is that PCB located and what causes the corrosion?

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
That's a pic from the front volumetric sensor,'s internals... there is one above the sesat belt too... usually leaking sunroofs or condensation, watch the headlining and you'll see this:

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Beware the spiders

I found the problem with my volumetric alarm : A couple of spiders had made their home in there. Cleared them and their web away with a stiff brush and the alarm is working fine again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts