Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story, long. I have owned 3 discos and one Range Rover since 1995. I love these trucks, but I hate the electrical systems. I now have a 1999 Land Rover Discovery two. I bought it new and I do not want to get rid of it, as many people tell me to. I want to, some day, let my kids use it for their transpo.
All that being said, here is the issue. I keep my disco in a secured garage at my condo with other neighbors. My original key, with buttons all missing and not working to unlock doors electronically, I foolishly kept in the consul box with the doors unlocked. Stupid, I know, but hindsite is 20/20. Someone broke in a few weeks ago and stole my key, the garage door opener, as well as well as the registration. I went to land rover and had a new "plain key" made with no electronics. Two nights ago the punks broke in again and tried to steal the rig, or just to mess with me. The alarm went off and ran the battery dead. When I put the chargers on the battery the alarm goes off and I cant start the truck. Where do I start. I don't want to have to pay to tow it to LR for a repair. It is not worth much money, but it is worth a lot to me personally. Help me please. Kindly, Jacob

· Registered
56 Posts
If you haven't yet tried locking and unlocking the driver door with the key then do that. I've seen a TD5 Disco II where the owner also had no functioning fab. There would be a 30 second window from unlocking the driver door with the key to the engine locking out and not starting. If we sat for more than 30 seconds with the engine off, he would have to turn the key in the driver door to unlock then start the truck.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
solved

I took the battery out and charged it. When I put it back in, the alarm went off as expected. The truck would not start. I took the advice of someone on this site and turned key to UNLOCK position and held it for 5 secs. IT WORKED!!!!! Alarm is off and truck started right up. Thank you. Kindly, Jacob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.