Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick note and something I wanted to share, I posted a thread a few months ago about the transponder not working sometimes on my '97 Discovery. No one really had the answer, until some one pointed out it stopped working whenever I was near a major Mobile Phone mast in my area( I'm living in Melbourne, Australia) Anyway I get the feeling that the stuff produced by these masts is interfering with the transponder. It works ok everywhere else just not at a big shopping centre near to where I live.

If anyone has any info about this or if anything can be done I'd be interested to hear it.

WesDownUnder

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
That is good information and sure makes sence.
Mike J.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
I had that problem with my old car....

I had a Excalibur alarm system hooked up to the previous car aerial. Well, I live in New York City and before 9/11, If I parked down there by the World Trade Center for a quarter-mile around, the alarm would not respond to the fob (transponder) until it was resting on the actual aerial.

There was so more radio energy coming off the World Trade Center, the radio in the alarm would not pick up a signal. Afterwards, I am sorry to say, I got my 1/10 mile range back on the alarm.

Adam

1 - 3 of 3 Posts