Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shop wants $750 to replace alt. and $225 for the coil. I can buy the coil for 20(?) and takes abt. 5 mins. to do. Seeing alt.s for 80-350 depending on brand. looking for cheapest working solution without having to make mods. Done most of the work on it myself but willing to bail if its too much of a pain. Would appreciate any and all opinions....Thanks!

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Have you rung up and auto electric shops to see what the price is to have yours rebuilt?
No idea where you are so can't offer any shop suggestions.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I've been through this before. a number of years ago I copied this, maybe it will still help you.

Just a heads up for everyone as I am going through this now (squealing, burning belts and intermittent tach operation) even after a rebuild. I've just had it with the Marelli's.

Ready to go for $95.95 delivered from these folks. They have the higher amp models as well for slightly more...(fast reply and very friendly) -

"We can supply the 105 amp alternator (re-clocked) with 4 groove pulley for $74.00 + $9.95 for the pigtail (with all 4 wires) + $12.00 for shipping = $95.95
This should do it for you."

Thanks, Mike

Mike Lewis
DB Electrical
[email protected]
800-753-2242
Starters, Alternators and more for Cars, Trucks, Tractors and ATVs

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.