Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Am I nuts or am I just a Land Rover addict in need of a 12 step program somewhere? Hi, my name is Bill and I am a Roverholic... :wave:

I've read everything on the Internet I can find about the P38a Range Rover. I'm aware of all the expensive problems, ranging from faulty EAS systems to leaky heater cores, from electrical gremlins to cars actually bursting into flames. But I still want one... They are, in my opinion, the best balance of off-road capability and on-road class of any vehicle ever sold.

I'm about to lay down over $30,000 of hard earned cash on a 3 year old vehicle with 25,000 miles on the clock and only 6-8 months left of factory warranty (a 2002 HSE 4.6).

My wife thinks I'm nuts, what do you think?

Be honest, i can take it... :beer:

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Yes you are totally nuts! Land Rover forums are just therapy for us all.
If you don't believe me see if any of the following apply:-

Rational thought and perception is severely impaired.
Hold delusional beliefs.
Demonstrate personality changes.
Exhibit disorganised thinking.
Lack of insight into the unusual or bizarre nature of your behaviour.
This is usually accompanied by features such as a difficulties with social (wife) interaction.
Impairments in carrying out the activities of daily living without thinking 'Land Rover' every second minute.

If you have answered yes to any or all of the above, you are experiencing a loss of contact with reality. Welcome to Land Rover! :D :drink1:

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Pay the 1800 or whatever to extend the warranty to 100k, I did that a few years ago with a BMW 525 that I bought from a friend when his lease was up. It was the best money I ever spent.
PS you are nutz, so WTF you are gonna have to do something pretty stupid to look nutz around here. This forum is full of wise-asses, dumb-asses, and nut jobs. Please report back when you do something really stupid :buttrock: :D .

·
Registered
114 Posts
welcome ....

:drive: It is a great therapy for your oversleeping problem ( you will never sleep again ….but believe me when it works well then you are in haven ) nothing can compare to this …not even women ha ha ……..good luck and welcome .

Saludos
Pascal

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't think it's nuts to buy a car that's 3 years old for less than half of the original cost. Just budget some money for repairs and an extended warranty.

If it makes you feel any better I just bought a 2006 that had a MSRP of over $80k. The $50k you saved will buy a lot of repairs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.