Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know a few things to look for when my LR3 gets an amber suspension fault on startup while doing the system check? It doesn't happen any other times, just on start up then goes away for days/weeks after a restart. Thanks

· Registered
55 Posts
Does anyone know a few things to look for when my LR3 gets an amber suspension fault on startup while doing the system check? It doesn't happen any other times, just on start up then goes away for days/weeks after a restart. Thanks
Far too well unfortunately. See my post 2 down from here.

It's probably the compressor, but make sure you watch the 4x4 screen on the dash to see if any of the wheels are flying up or down in a weird manner. Then it's a ride height sensor.

The compressor's desiccant goes bad after a while and it could simply be that (esp if you're in a high moisture area). But my money is on the exhaust valve. You can try rebuilding it with a cheap kit...but I am about to buy a new compressor as we speak. I hope you don't have to as well.

Mine had your symptoms for months...so I sorta ignored it. That's a big problem once you start dropping to your bumpstops on the highway doing 80. Bridges and potholes become lots of fun...

An independent dealer can scan your suspension, or for roughly the same price, you can buy a tool (I own RSW Software with an Amazon ELM327 wireless reader) and read/clear yourself.

It will shock you how many codes it will pull if it hasn't been cleared in a while (unless you're a long time Rover owner...then it won't shock you in the slightest).

Good luck!

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much for the info. I will look into those options and try some less expensive options first. I know eventually I will need a new compressor but if getting the rebuild kit and fixing the drier give me another year or two then that would be great!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.