Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm already thinking about throwing the towel in.
Issue 1: I put the key in and then foot on brake press the start button it kicks over as normal but then cuts out. This has now happened 5 times in 2 days.

Issue 2: front wipers are always on auto now sometimes just stop working anytime and will only work on high never going into set position.

I hope somebody can help me my head is battered now all fuses look decent I called the garage but busy for the next week.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Wounded Knee Moderator
1,904 Posts
I'm going to do you a favor and point you to a forum with more LR2 active members.
LR2 - Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum
Sign up there with same username as here. Also there are more informed Rover folks in general so if you post in the "General" section as well as the "LR2" section someone will answer for sure.

·
Wounded Knee Moderator
1,904 Posts
Let me add that we've accumulated a few really good working Land Rover Service techs who know your vehicle inside and out. LR Techniker being one of them, great guy.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
At least you're not alone. You're in the company of a group that was all, individually, just stupid enough to purchase a Rover.

As one member's signature line reads: "I was warned. I did it anyway".

I bought one BECAUSE I heard for decades how bad they could be. I wanted to prove to myself I could win. It can be done.

·
1,854 Posts
A US market Freelander and an LR2 2008-2015 are two diferent vehicles. The US market Freelander is the worst car manufacturered by LR. The LR2 2008-2015 is a much better and reliable car as long as it has been taken care of. When you buy a used LR from LR they check the ones they decide to sell as used and get rid of the one the ones they know are not worth selling due to too many issues or things needing repair (what the service guys at LR that I know have told me). Many used LR's purchased by indy car dealerships at auctions are usually in need of a lot of work (the ones that LR let go) the indy car dealerships fix a few things and sell them off with issues.
Dave

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I've owned BMW's since 1977. "The Ultimate Driving Machine". Why I haven't stuck a pistol in my mouth is beyond me. In recent years, they've gotten too many failure prone systems, become too expensive to fix, the parts are ridiculously over-priced and often tough to get ahold of and generally unpleasant owner experience unless you have the factory warranty. The Rovers of the last few years are no different.

No doubt the newer one's aren't in the same basket as the Disco's. But they ain't Accords and Corollas. But if I were 30 and single, I think I'd do better with an Rover than a Corolla. Sometimes that makes it all worth it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea I was warned too but I have 2 dogs and the boot size had me hooked I thought maybe I'd get the good 1, I guessed wrong I always owned Mercedes never once had an issue just not practical for what I needed. I love the drive and the height and how large the boot is on the rover but it's killing me already ?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Little update car is going into the garage today lr say it's a common battery problem and that they need to triple charge it then put it on lock for 8 hours? I find this very odd but if it works we will see ?

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Sometimes it's the little things. I've seen batteries do some unexplainable things. I've seen alternators that tested good emitting an AC ripple that freaks out an entire electrical system.

I do know one thing for sure-- in about a decade, way more auto technicians will be living in nice houses in the suburbs.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So here's where I'm at today picked car up wouldn't start already 2 times now an error transmission fault low traction. The garage is closed now so tomorrow the fun begins as I'm going down the take the car back and give me my money back route I have had enough. It appears that I bought an absolute ringer

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Good luck- hopefully you bought it from one of those places that will let you do that.

Technology is great right up until it stops working. I spent 4 hours yesterday trying to get a TPMS sensor to register after a tire change- on a Honda. Nothing is immune.

If you do end up returning the truck, I'm guessing you'll be looking for something else. Regardless of what it is, who you're buying it from, what great shape it's in or how good the warranty, the single most important thing is a qualified, independent pre-purchase inspection. A good independent shop that specializes in the brand you're looking at is a great first step.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good luck- hopefully you bought it from one of those places that will let you do that.

Technology is great right up until it stops working. I spent 4 hours yesterday trying to get a TPMS sensor to register after a tire change- on a Honda. Nothing is immune.

If you do end up returning the truck, I'm guessing you'll be looking for something else. Regardless of what it is, who you're buying it from, what great shape it's in or how good the warranty, the single most important thing is a qualified, independent pre-purchase inspection. A good independent shop that specializes in the brand you're looking at is a great first step.
Yea it would appear the garage doesn't want to give me my money back ? instead it is going into lr service centre to get a good look at it price everything needed then if too expensive he's refunding instead so it's abit so so for now.

·
1,854 Posts
what year is this Land Rover? is it a diesel or a petrol? How long have you owned it? Does it have any warantee?
Dave

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.