Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So.. a bit of background...
2005 LR3 manual. 2.7tdv6

Had the screeching from EPB module. I knew all the brakes needed an overhaul so decided to fit new rotators, pads and shoes. Along with new handbrake cables, and a gear set for the module..

All went well, handbrake was adjusted correctly and the bedding in sequence done.. Handbrake works perfect, brakes are all good...

On start up I have no warning lights.. but after driving around 500m I bet an Amber brake light come on and stays on... until I restart...

I do know that the rear pad wear sensor is broken, could this cause the handbrake light to illuminate? Or could it be the brake switch ?.. when codes are read there is nothing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Others who know far better than I ought to chip in too; but I should think the broken rear pad sensor is issue enough to repair on its own. And, in doing so, will likely keep the amber brake light off. So many other fault codes come up when the brake switch itself is at issue.... so yours is likely fine at the moment. (Having a spare one in the glove box is a good idea.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok.. so read in the bible... I can cut the brake pad wear sensor and join the 2 wires together... so cut it off.. only a single wire... now I have an additional light on, the one I would expect.. brake pad wear light...

So it's not that causing the Amber parking brake light... comes on after a few hundred metres...

Any more ideas ?

·
very disco
2,083 Posts
Have you tried a forceful reset of EPB? My RRS gave me some grief with the EPB after sitting some time. A handful of “unjam” sequences from my nanocom and it stopped coming back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts