Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i have a discovery top spec, thats why this noise is really annoying me.
the noise is a rattle that comes in when you accelerate from 35mph however once accelerated above 35mph the sound goes, it sounds like a heat shield rattling but ive pin pointed it to the transfer box area any ideas what it is if you have any ideas share them with me because it would make a lot of puzzled mechanics very happy
thanks:buttrock:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
521 Posts
alexc said:
hi, i have a discovery top spec, thats why this noise is really annoying me.
the noise is a rattle that comes in when you accelerate from 35mph however once accelerated above 35mph the sound goes, it sounds like a heat shield rattling but ive pin pointed it to the transfer box area any ideas what it is if you have any ideas share them with me because it would make a lot of puzzled mechanics very happy
thanks:buttrock:
Sounds like bad catalitycs.Not that cheap.Atlantic British had the whole "Y"pipe with both cats. on sale awhile ago, bought mine there.I don't know if they still are on sale though.

Carlos
 

· Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

Carlos said:
Sounds like bad catalitycs.Not that cheap.Atlantic British had the whole "Y"pipe with both cats. on sale awhile ago, bought mine there.I don't know if they still are on sale though.

Carlos
unfortunately ive ruled out the catalitycs and the exhaust system along with many other things, my discovery is only a 2.5 td5 (i take it yours is a v8?) but thanks for your help anyway
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
16,548 Posts
alexc said:
unfortunately ive ruled out the catalitycs and the exhaust system along with many other things, my discovery is only a 2.5 td5 (i take it yours is a v8?) but thanks for your help anyway
You might want to check the heat shields.
Mike J.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Disco Mike said:
You might want to check the heat shields.
Mike J.
thanks, but that was the first thing i checked, as i originally thought it was that however its not ive checked everything similar ive even had it wheel freed on a ramp and thats how ive pin pointed it to the transfer box but unfortunately i dont think thats what it could be as to my knowledge there is nothing that would make this noise there :buttrock:
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top