Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - I am new to the forum having purchase my 96 Disco 1 two weeks ago. I have been T/Sing an alarm problem and have read many many of the forum Q&A have believe I have now gotten to the point where I need to ask a question. What I know is that my Disco doesn't have either spark nor power to the injectors. I have bypassed the neutral safety switch functionality of the Alarm so it will crank - also the fuel pump does turn on when I initially turn the key and I do have fuel pressure at the rail. After downing the service manual and trying to trace the wiring in/out of the Theft Alarm - I found myself a little confused because the reference to the Alarm Spider finds me looking where the spider is supposed to be but with no luck in finding it (behind radio/center of dash). My question is, there is a black wire that goes from the Theft Alarm to the ECM and the manual states that there is a signal sent to the ECM allowing it to start - I assume that this signal will allow the ECM to feed both the injectors and coils - does anyone know what this signal is? GND? +12V? 5V? To add to this confusion the Disco didn't come with a fob and the drivers door wiring is a mess. Any advise is appreciated. Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.