Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening All,

Just got my D2 back together after a head gasket replacement and when I started it, it sounded like my cammed Trans Am. Hooked up the code reader and it showed P1300, 303,305, and 307 showing random misfires. Reset the codes and it showed them again. The coil is less than a year old and it did not idle like this prior to the head gasket job. The plugs were replaced and the wires were replaced back in August. Other than a possible improper spark plug wiring on the coil, anyone else have any ideas?

I must add that the head gasket job was done using the RAVE manual very strictly.

·
'03 Disco SE
573 Posts
Cylinders 3/5/7 (the codes you're showing) are all on the LH (driver) side of the engine, however they're not on the same coil. 3/5 are on the RH coil, 7 is on the LH coil.

As long as you're not losing coolant, this probably means that you've messed up the wiring somewhere. This could mean you mixed up the spark plug leads, the electrical connectors at the coils, or maybe even the fuel injector wiring. Double check that all those are correct then come back to us.

This is how the order should look:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.