Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

Just thought I'd drop you all a note and say hi!

I'll be taking possesion of a SIIA109 next time I'm back in the country (hopefully January!) and thought this place could defintiley fill me in on all the knowledge I'll be needing from here on out.

I've actually made a site about her www.SeriousIIa.com Tell me what you think!

I have big plans for my 109, but most of those plans consist of just driving her day in and day out until I can afford a pair of 1 ton axles and super tall tires.

Nice to meet you all!

Semper fi,

Erik

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Nice Truck ! I like MOD 109s (only 2As). Unless you already have them, series 1 ton axles are as rare as chicken lips. Look for some Salisburys. Maybe even a coil sprung chassis. Are you going to keep it ragtop or tin roof it?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TerryS said:
Nice Truck ! I like MOD 109s (only 2As). Unless you already have them, series 1 ton axles are as rare as chicken lips. Look for some Salisburys. Maybe even a coil sprung chassis. Are you going to keep it ragtop or tin roof it?
Thanks man! The plan is (plan being the operative word, as in far flung future!) do do up a real nice Dana60 and Coporate 14 bolt, 4 links front and rear.

As for the roof, it all depends on where I end up when I get back in the country for good. If it's New England I'll probalby go rag for spring summer and fall and hard top (because I have one) for the winter. If I end up in Orlando then no top or doors whatsoever.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
You would need 60s if you're going to put huge tires on, but that's not my style (7.50x16 is all I would go) The trucks are so narrow that when they get lifted too much, they start looking like cartoon toys, apart from a total loss of anything resembling good road manners.
You'll find way more series nuts up here than in FL.

My daughter is in Daytona and gets so much rain, I think a top might be in order.

January will be here soon enough, keep your head down and stay safe!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Angel of Death said:
Hello all!

Just thought I'd drop you all a note and say hi!

I've actually made a site about her www.SeriousIIa.com Tell me what you think!
Nice site. My wife and I really enjoyed it. You've obviously put a lot of effort into it. :clap:

Looking forward to seeing how it develops further (the site and the Landy).

Kevin & Shirley

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kevin said:
Nice site. My wife and I really enjoyed it. You've obviously put a lot of effort into it. :clap:

Looking forward to seeing how it develops further (the site and the Landy).

Kevin & Shirley
Thanks guys! It's been quite the learning experience! My entire knowledge of HTML consists of using Frontpage 4 years ago to sell cars on eBay before I joined the Marines. Lots to learn still. I'm going to keep it super simple though, no need to get crazy.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TerryS said:
You would need 60s if you're going to put huge tires on, but that's not my style (7.50x16 is all I would go) The trucks are so narrow that when they get lifted too much, they start looking like cartoon toys, apart from a total loss of anything resembling good road manners.
You'll find way more series nuts up here than in FL.

My daughter is in Daytona and gets so much rain, I think a top might be in order.

January will be here soon enough, keep your head down and stay safe!
I want to run a 60/14 combo for the stout-ness but the wideness bothers me a little bit. I'm giving consideration to cutting down the axles and tubes but that's a hell of a lot of work and I plan on being able to swap all the stock parts back on eventually so I think I might just suck it up and have a wide-tracked IIa. We'll see!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.