Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, I am posting on behalf of my first car, which is a series land rover. Myself a soon to be driver, and my father both new to anything Rover, decided to purchase a 1965 IIa 88 hard top.
Overall, the frame is in decent shape (minimal rust), the body is fine except for a few dents, faded paint and some of the lights need to be replaced, the interior needs some work, ex. new seats in the front, new side panels , new ceiling cloth, just visual stuff.
The mechanical, so far after three days of owning this beast is a mystery. The clutch is frozen, the brakes are frozen, the engine is just a mystery, since we didnt have the crank to manually turn the engine over, thats all we know for sure.
I am planning to take as many pictures as I can (I've already taken 18) throughout the restoration, as I plan to create a website dedicated to this beast and all series rovers in general. Also on another note, it will take forever to upload my 5.2 MP pictures through a dial-up connection, so I will be slow to add pictures to posts.

-Clayton

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your help, we didnt blindly go into this we did the proper research. I read about the green bible, and the owner previous to the person we bought it from has these manuals. we have a feeling now that we might need to replace the engine, so we shall see. Also where can I even find a hand crank, or what size wrench will work, and which parts houses do you prefer? Even my downsized pics are too large i can send you them in an e-mail if you want pictures.

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey,

I talked things over with my dad, and he said that we would like to get the crank from you, for attempting to turn the engine over and accuracy of the restoration, so if you want to PM me with the adress for mailing the money and such then we can figure stuff out

-Clayton

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.